From:
Ruben Stam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:52:35 +0200
Tore F Steenslid wrote:

>I have this new release of the Solti Ring.  It's available on Decca 455
>555-2.
>
>The cover on the box states that it's "newly remastered using
>state-of-the-art noise reduction techniques".  It's also on 14 CDs now
>instead of the 15 CDs that was in the former release.  It is a new
>remastering and not just the old CDs in a new box.

Can anyone recommend a mail order source with a good price for this set? I
couldn't find the thread on discount Ring boxes that I vaguely recall in
the list archives.  Standard sources on the web all seem to hover around
the $135 mark, and that's probably the 'oldly remastered' version.

thanks,
Ruben