From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 15:02:11 -0700
Bob Kasenchak ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Mmm.  There are several Grainger plays Grieg Pno Con on CD.

There's also SE Iowa SO/Richard A Morse 27 october 1956,. which was
c/w the Hollywood Bowl on an old IPA LP.

>I can't find anything on the Sydney Sym LP reissued on CD.  With a little
>time I can go back & check the old LP catalogs if anyone is interested
>in the label/pno roll company.  (We have all them Schwanns back to
>1948/49!!!!!  50 yrs old this year dontcha know!!)

Never seen it on CD.  My LP is RCA ARL-1 3059.  (My copy is not in good
shape, but then, as there is a sticker on the back bearing the legend NYPL,
I suppose it's hardly surprising.  And no, I've never been to new York).

Sydney SO/John Hopkins BTW, 2/3 May 1970.

The only other recording I know of is of the first movement cadenza only
(!), made for the G&T company in London on May 16, 1908.  This was on the
same IPA LP I mentioned above.

Deryk Barker