From:
David Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 23:10:48 +0100
Mikael Rasmusson wrote:

>Any HIP recordings of the Mozart concerti using fortepiano or cembalo?

I HATE the fortepiano.  I think it is one case in which there can be no
reason for HIP.  So twangy.  Not so bad for Haydn but Mozart's music needs
bubbly arpeggios and flowing cantabile, not twang.  I think these people
had a far more ideal sound in their heads when they wrote these things.
Imagine Beethoven's Pathetique on the piano he actually had.  Or the
Hammerklavier!  Ha!

I've never heard a cembalo in my life though.  Probably be a 'cembalo'
setting on my casio keyboard though...  will look...

David Stewart