From:
Marcus Maroney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 01:33:07 -0400
What a pleasure it was to be back in Austin, turn on KMFA (our
listener-supported classical station) and hear Britten's Sinfonia da
Requiem in it's second performance.  And none other than Karl Miller
hosting the show!  What a splendid performance--unfortunately i tuned
in in the middle of the Dies Irae, but was bowled over by Barbirolli's
expansive, spine tingling account of the finale...this is by far the best
interpretation of this piece I've heard (i'm sure the opening matches the
last 2/3 of the performance).  So, Karl, or anyone on this list....is this
recording available commercially? And bravo on a fantastic show Karl, I'll
be a regular listener for the 3 weeks I'm in Austin!

Cheers,

Marcus Maroney