From:
Else Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 09:51:35 +0200
Last week I attended a concert by Jos van Immerseel, on period instruments
(yes, plural: he had brought along 2 Erard piano's), with piano works by
Grieg and Debussy.  The concert was wonderful, but the reason I am writing
is not to give you a review, but to ask about Grieg's piano sonata in e.
This was one of the works on the program, and I was completely dazzled by
it.  It was a very strange - from time to time almost schizophrenic - work,
and yet I found it beautiful, and I would very much like to know more about
it and to hear it again!

Can anyone tell me more about this work, and maybe recommend some
recordings?

Many thanks,

Else Kramer