From:
"William J. Karzas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 17:24:04 -0700
Bob Kasenchak wrote:

>There is apparently a recording of Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto
>with Munch/Paris Conservatoire Societe des Concerts and a pianist named
>Konstantinov.  Has anyone any idea whom this might be? All of my normal
>resources have failed us.

I couldn't find Tchaikovsky 1st with Munch and Aristotel Konstantinov, but
did find 2 MK CDs where he asccompanies tenoir Alexel Martynov in variuos
lieder - one entitled "Romantic Album" and the other "Tchaikovsky -
Romances".

My guess is that a Munch conducted concerto with the Paris Conservatoire
would likely be very old (1950's) .

Further research shows that it is a different Konstantinov:

WERM shows a French Columbia 78 set LFX 595/8 of this concerto with Munch,
Paris Conservatoire and K. Konstantinoff . This is your recording.

Regards,

Bill Karzas                     [log in to unmask]