From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 08:14:23 -0400
Franco Carreri wrote:

>In fact, it occurs to me that one could do what Segovia did, which to
>transcribe from piano to guitar.  Many beautiful guitar pieces ('Asturias'
>is one, if my memory serves me correctly) were originally for piano.

Albeniz and Grenados, especially, wrote a lot of piano music in which they
imitated guitar styles, so that it works very well when transcribed (and
somewhat simplified).

>Isn't Eliot Fisk some guitarist?

I was fortunate enough to attend a master class he gave in Philadelphia a
couple of years ago, and judging from that experience, he must be a great
teacher as well as player.  One of the students in that class offered the
slow movement of the Concierto de Aranuez (spelling?), and Fisk promply
played along with him--the *orchestra* part, from memory!

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]