From:
William Strother <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 11:41:47 -0700
Charles Yulish wrote:

>Ellington, "Such Sweet Thunder," It was a Columbia CL series lp.  I've
>been told it was briefly available on a CD but not from Columbia.  If
>anyone knows more, it would be most welcome.  Thanks.

Just re-issued, with a total of 23 tracks, and in real stereo!  Also a few
quaint things -- Clark Terry's famous solo doesn't end with the 'what fools
we mortals be' quote.  It's a different take with different music.  But
nowhere is this mentioned in the ample documentation.

Still, the sound is fabulous.  For me, maybe the greatest thing Duke did
in the 50s.

Bill S