From:
Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 08:55:04 -0400
Jeff Tedford:

>Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Despite you are rigth or not(because i know very few of Ellington,and i
>>really don't care),this question is to the list: What have to do Ellington
>>and other popular musicians in a classical music list?.  ...
>
>I'm sorry you don't appreciate Ellington as YET but "You (are) Eligible
>To(o)".  Give him some extended listening soon with some help from
>knowledgeable afficianados.

Jazz is an artform that has undergone a development that has several
startling parallels to the development of classical music, and which has
had to deal with many of the same problems of stylistic growth that Jazz
did.

Stirling S Newberry