Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1999 22:56:35 -0400
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>Stirling S Newberry wrote:
>
>>There are really two kinds of audience members, two kinds of experiencing
>>art.
>
>There are really two kinds of people: those who divide people into two
>categories, and those who do not.

"There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who
can't."

It isn't the only division, but it is one that explains certain recurrant
themes in the history of art and literature.

Whenever soemoen gets up and says "an art workl did not meet my needs".
You can't really argue the point.  Perhaps later you can convince them
that they had needs that they could not name, but that's another story.

I know I sinning again by telling them things they do not care to hear...

Stirling S Newberry