Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1999 14:03:59 +0800
I'm aware of two of Lazar Berman's recordings of Liszt Transcendental
Etudes.  One is on the EMI label and the other belongs to the Russian
Piano School series.  However, I found another disc by Berman while surfing
the net.  The disc contains Lazar Berman's Liszt Transcendental Etudes and
Prokofiev plus a conductor.  It's on the Hungarotoon/White label.  Release
in 1997 from AAD.

I'm thinking of purchasing this disc and hence need list members to provide
more info about this disc.  I'm not sure if he plays all the Etudes in this
disc since the program pieces are not listed for this disc.  And the
presence of a conductor??? What gives?

Cheers
Kar MIng