From:
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:37:44 +0800
Richard Pennycuick writes:

>I wondered if other have had similar experiences or is my late deeper
>appreciation of Bach simply an individual thing? It might be interesting
>if younger listers shared their thoughts on composers for whom they feel
>an affinity.

I got into classical music four years ago although bits of classical
music can be heard everywhere (i.e., shopping mall, radio stations, movie
soundtracks, TV ads etc etc).  What really got me INTO classical music was
Bach's works - specifically Brandenburg Concertos (why, of course) and the
6 Cello Suites (as played by Yo-Yo Ma on the later Sony).  At that time,
Bach's music represent everything a classical music should be - melodious,
rhythmic and, yes, to a certain extent, academic.

Cheers

Kar-Ming Chong
Department of Accounting & Finance
University of Western Australia