From:
Len Mullenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:16:23 +0100
I was speaking to Lewis Forman last week and he was still proof-reading
the CD notes for the ClassicO CD Gipps/Butterworth issue so I would be
surprised if it is out just yet, although it was originally due for April
release.

For Arthur Butterworth's 75th birthday I managed to arrange a celebratory
performance of his fourth symphony, which he and his family attended.  We
were able to cut a cake in the interval.  The performance was recorded but,
regrettably, not for commercial release.

There are extensive articles on Ruth Gipps and Arthur Butterworth on my web
site under British composers which you might find of interest.  The April
CD review pages also contain Arthur's Book Review of Michael Barlow's book
on the other Butterworth - George in "Whom the Gods Love".  I am currently
transcribing Arthur's latest review of Bernard Shore's "Boult on Music" for
the May listing.

Len Mullenger
Music on the Web (UK)
http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/music.htm