From:
Mark Seeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:00:10 -0400
When I learned that Sony decided to discontinue the Masterworks Heritage
series from a Towers buyer, I wrote Sony Classical.

Below is the response I received:

   Dear Mr. Seeley:

   You will happy to learn that a new batch of Masterworks Heritage
   releases will be issued over the summer, and we are working on new
   projects for the series.  Thanks for your kind words about the
   Masterworks Heritage series and for your interest in Sony Classical.

   With best wishes,

   Erik Ryding
   Assistant to Warren Wernick, Director of Product Management

The above note does not overtly deny the discontinuation of the Masterworks
Heritage label, but it does point to the notion that its demise may be
somewhat premature.

Mark Seeley