From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 08:05:37 PDT
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>Women constitute the majority sex in this country.  Do we explain
>the discrepancy solely on relatively weaker talent?

Sure, let's do that.  It's worked before, and we can get some more mileage
out of it.

Seriously, there must still be some "discriminators" out there.  But, I
have the perception that the primary reason for the discrepancy can be put
on the shoulders of "society" which cranks out and emits to each of us
zillions of messages every day which have great impact on all citizens.
These messages, as to gender equality, are getting better with time, but
there are still periods of "stalling" and even reverse motion.

Don Satz