From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 10:43:50 +1000
Anuradha Sivagurunathan wrote:

>If it's the ABC Classic FM - it sucks......some of the programs are fine,
>but on the whole the announcers are dry and not very convincing.  The lack
>rapport with the audience (being a presenter myself - I know all about
>this) and come across sounding unbelivably bored.  Then again - one man's
>meat is anothers ..................

Indeed it is.  I don't particularly care whether the announcers sound bored
or not if the music's good and it usually is on this station.  If I need to
be told something about the music before I hear it, then a restrained style
is infinitely preferable to the breathless hectoring style of the kind
that's used in voiceovers for dogfood and used car commercials, and which
is the presenting norm on most non-CM stations.  In other words, ABC
Classic FM is pretty much as it should be.

Richard Pennycuick