Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 14:16:30 +0200
From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Dan McLaughlin wrote:

>Hello, Has anybody heard any of Rilling's Complete works of Bach, from
>Hanssler? Hanssler is a pretty inexpensive label, I'm considering getting
>them.  In a similiar vein how about his complete cantatas, any thoughts?

I have a lot of Rilling's cantatas and I rather like them (partly for his
choice of soloists such as Arleen Auger).  Rilling's is not a HIP recording
nor its opposite but something in between: played on modern instruments
but not without obviously having listened to HIP as well.  AFAIK there
doesn;t exist any one satisfying complete set.  In any case the singing
is beautiful in a way many others aren't.

Philip