Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 17:10:52 -0500
From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
James Zehm wrote:

>Billy Kitson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>What is Maurice Andre Up to Now?? Who wrote this, He or Haydn?? Is this a
>>"something"?? Erato 0630 12739 2.  Is M.  Andre still "making" new CDs he
>>seems to have been recording "since Adam was a Boy"??
>
>I cannot be sure but I guess Maurice Andre wrote the cadenza himself, or
>had any other writing it espacially for him.  I have myself a recording
>with Miroslav Kejmar, and he apparently wrote and play his own cadenza.
>I've got the score too, but I don't know who wrote that cadensza, that
>I play - what a pity!

For a cadenza to end all cadenzas to the first movement of this concerto,
listen to the one played by Markus Stockhausen, written by his father,
Karlheinz, who conducts the Radio Symphonie Orchster Berlin (Acanta 43813).
It's right up there among the unusual along w/ Schnabel's cadenzas to
Mozart concertos or Schnittke's cadenza to Beethoven's Violin Concerto!

Walter Meyer