From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 07:42:03 -0400
Oh Laurie, I don't know.  From what Heather added on etc.  I just thought I
wasn't clear enough.  and the answer, as we all know, is not add formula at
the first sign of lag, but as Jack says - Fix the Breastfeeding!  I just
think the sooner we recognize there may be a problem, the sooner it can be
fixed - whatever needs to  be adjusted.  I just feel that sometimes the
mother is given too long to figure it out on her own because we have this 2
week # in mind. Then she has all these feelings of inadequacy,  guilt,
discouragement etc. In our US culture it is such a vulnerable time and mom
is generally hanging out there totally on her own, no support.  I think it
would be different in a culture where BF is the norm.  Sincerely, Pat in
SNJ

Sorry about your week, I was really thrilled to see two "older" (10-11 mo)
olds nursing in the office this week.  Even did one "sort of" exam as much
as I could while baby was in mom's lap, latched on.  We all know things can
change, we just get so tired of working and waiting.  That's why I liked
those good news stories a few mo ago.  We need some "feel good" stuff on
Lactnet from time to time to keep our spirits up and keep us focused on
what we really want to eventually happen.  Part of it is because an LC's
/LLLL's/peer counselor's etc. job is usually SO problem oriented.  Happy
Saturday, may good things happen for all of us! Like rain in dry SNJ.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ