Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:44:13 EDT
Dear Friends:
        Wonderful  Dr. Peter Hartmann's work is changing the fore/hind milk
notion some. He has discovered ladies who have a higher fat content in the
first milk that comes because it is left over from the feed before.  In my
classes and private practice I encourage cue-based feeding and  leaving baby
at breast until the baby says "Done".
         I have known women to get worried about their babies getting enough
of the right kind of milk. Easier to just feed the baby. Whatever is there in
the breast at the time is right. When baby is done, it stops. If baby wants
more, give more. Keep it simple. Warmly, Nikki Lee