From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 21:45:32 -0300
Steven Rogers:

>I'm very grateful for all of the help you have given me about Beethovens
>9th symphony.  I had heard of the transcriptions by Liszt and had borrowed
>them from the library to try them out on the piano, but I didnt know that
>there were recordings of them.

Besides Liszt's, there is also Wagner's transcriptions, recently recorded
by the BIS label, featuring Noriko Ogawa (piano), Yoshie Hida (soprano),
Yuko Anazawa (alto), Makoto Sakurada (tenor), Chiyuki Urano (bass), Choir
of the Bach Collegium Japan and conducted by Masaaki Suzuki.  The recording
was very much praised in the March issue of BBC Music Magazine.

Wilson Pereira.