From:
Hall Jeffrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:52:04 -0400
Dear CM fans, I am thinking of buying the Beecham recording of Carmen on
EMI, which was recently remastered.  Any comments? It seems that Cluytens
is the favorite of several critics but this recording is hard to obtain.
By the way, there was a "Building a Collection" feature on Carmen in
Classic CD magazine a few years back.  Does anyone remember the top 5
selections and what their ratings were? I believe that both the Beecham and
Cluytens recordings made the final cut with the overall selection being
Cluytens, but I could be mistaken.  Thanks for all responses.:-)

Hall Jeffrey <[log in to unmask]>