From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 21:14:20 -0500
Andrea Hakari wrote:

>It occurs to me that younger members of the list - say <35 - probably
>don't own any LPs, or a turntable.

Well, I am not sure who made the original comment, but let's hear it for
vinyl.  The first item that I purchased when I upgraded my stereo system
was the turntable.  (I have a Rega Planar 2) I love records (especially
50's-60's vintage classical releases) and play them almost daily.  I agree
with the others on a budget who say that the price is appealing.  Most
classical collectors take pride in their records and treat them well,
making it fairly easy to find even 40 year old records in great condition.

Kevin Sutton (who is 35)