From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 07:37:51 +1000
I agree with Eric Kisch that dubbing is horrible, so is colorisation, both
the word and the process it defines.  One aspect of subtitling that needs
mentioning: I get very irritated if I'm watching a film or opera when
the white subtitling sometimes can't be read because a scene is in bright
light.  One of our national TV channels is mainly for programs in languages
other than English and so the station does its own subtitling for many
programs - in yellow.  Problem solved.

Richard Pennycuick