From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 09:05:07 -0700
David Stewart wrote:

>Steven Martin wrote:
>
>>I envy the selection you Brits have but not your prices.
>
>Tell me about it.  It is a serious outlay to buy a full price CD.  Although
>you can get them so much cheaper if you go to Crotchet.  Why is this?

There was a House of Commons Select Committee investigation into this
a couple of years ago and, so far as I remember, the CD companies who
trooped in and out to be grilled by our elected representatives couldn't
see what all the fuss was about in spite of some tough questioning.
You ought to do a search of the Daily Telegraph on-line archives.

Tony Duggan
Staffordshire,
United Kingdom.