From:
Hitoshi Asaoka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:38:52 -0500
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Richard Pennycuick wrote:
>
>>It seems strange that a pianist could make one highly-regarded record and
>>then never be heard of again.  Does anyone have anything to add?
>
>There are many such examples that come to mind.  Kazuko Yasukawa is one.
>Born in 1912.  I have only been able to track down a few things from the
>NHK.  Another pianist, Warren Perry Thew.  He recorded some Rachmaninoff
>and a Concerto by Herman Haller.  Thew was a fine pianist.

Although I have never heard of Hanae Nakajima even in Japan, I know Kazuko
Yasukawa.  She studied in France and become a very influential person in
piano education in Japan.  She passed away several years ago.

When I came back in Tokyo recently, I saw her CD, so her recordings are at
least available in Japan now.

*** Hitoshi Asaoka ([log in to unmask]) ***