From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:32:56 -0400
Tony Duggan wrote:

>Just to make non-British listers green with envy, all 72 concerts will
>be broadcast live on BBC Radio 3 and quite a few recorded for TV.

Thanks, Tony, for really rubbing it in.  It DOES make us green with envy
and really thankful to have a friend who will tape a particularly desirable
looking concert (at least in the advance listing) and send it to us.  Such
a festival is unthinkable in the U.S.  and the thought of broadcasting it
live....dream on Macduff, and fall on your sword.  I hope I'm alive long
enough to experience world wide radio via the Internet in fine sound and
downloadable (tapable? CD-ROM-able? DVD-able?).

How many of our U.S. list members would be willing to pay $100 a year to
support a national radio and/or TV network that is along the lines of a
BBC3?  Whether or not they agreed with all the contents!

Cheers,

Eric Kisch