From:
Drew Capuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:56:04 -0400
I placed my first order yesterday with Berkshire over their internet site,
and I have a few questions.  Can anyone provide any help on the following
questions?

First, If an item listed in Berkshire's catalog that they mail to you is
not listed in their Internet site, does that mean they no longer have it?
I saw some Pollini recordings listed in the catalog, but only some of them
were appearing in their web site under a search for "Pollini." Does that
mean they no longer have the records not appearing on the web site?

Second, what experience have you had with shipping times?

Third, if a CD is listed on their web site, is that something of an
assurance they still have it in stock? I know they largely get cut-outs
and overstock items from other stores, so quantities are potentially
limited.  I'm trying to avoid the "crap shoot" of ordering but not knowing
whether I will get something.  When I called them on the phone some time
back, I asked them if I would find out if they had it in stock when I
placed my order.  They said "no," and its a "crap shoot" as to whether
they have something in stock.

Fourth, have you had problems with ordering things from Berkshire and then
they don't have it any more?

As some of you have already commented, Berkshire has great prices, and they
have a lot of items that are otherwise no longer available.  Since this was
my first order them, I'm a little concerned about delivery time, and about
whether I will only get a few of the items that I ordered.

Thanks very much for any info you might have.

Drew M. Capuder
Fairmont, West Virginia USA