From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 07:40:08 +1000
I was pleased to see Roger Hecht's list of Australian and New Zealand
composers he likes.  One small amendment - George Antil is actually John
Antill, whose ballet Corroboree is on Everest and well worth investigating.
George Antheil has been the subject of other posts and his 4th symphony is
also on Everest.  I'm not trying to score points, Roger - just setting the
record straight!

I neglected to mention in my original post that Hill also wrote attractive
concertos for each of violin, piano, viola and trumpet.  It's to be hoped
Marco Polo will do new recordings of these.

Richard Pennycuick