From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:39:55 -0600
Sam Pawlett wrote:

>Dave Lampson wrote:
>
>>Now, hold onto your pants, here's the musical content of this post.
>>My experience with Lipatti has been very similar to Steve's.  Generally,
>>I think he is a fine pianist, but much too reserved for my tastes.
>>This makes his performances, by and large, mediocre.  Don't even get
>>me started on such icons as Schnabel or Gould.
>
>I would really like to hear your criticisims of Gould and Schnabel and
>other sacred cows.  What are your favorite pianists and the recorded works
>by them? I'm here to learn from others who have been into the music a lot
>longer than I have and have more sophisticated ears than I do.

Well Sam Pawlett:  I am completely agree with you,and i have a question
about Schnabel "The great Beethoven priest"(as many people use to say about
him).  For me Schnabel is an Icon, but an Icon of Rithmical inconsistency.
Of course some slow movements are beautiful played by him, but the fast
ones are just crazy.  I really never understood wich was his greatness.

Gerardo Constantini:.