From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 16:53:13 -0700
David Cozy wrote:

>As one who loves Mexican music, I'm intrigued.  Has anybody heard any of
>Revueltas's music?  Reactions?

I have 'Sensemaya' on a Sony disc (details below) which introduced me to
the man's music.  Wonderfully rhythmic and almost unforgettable once heard.
I haven't yet pursued Revueltas' music in any depth (too many composers --
too little time!) but would be very interested in learning more about him
-- and finding more of his music.  Any offers out there?

Sony Classical SMK 47544 (the Royal Edition - No. 27 of 100)

Copland: Danzon Cubano and El Salon Mexico
Fernandez: Batuque (from 'Reisado do pastoreio')
Grofe: Grand Canyon Suite
Guarnieri: Dansa Brasileira
Villa-Lobos: Bachiana Brasileira No. 5
Revueltas: Sensemaya