From:
Christine Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:40:53 -0400
This may seem like an odd question but I would really like some opinions:

Is it appropriate to go back stage after an evening's performance to meet
the guest artist?

I took my daughter to hear Joshua Bell perform last night.  The concert was
wonderful.  But, it was rather late when it ended...10:45pm, so we just
went home (70 miles away.)

Sometimes a guest artist will greet people in a main hall afterwards.
(Pinchas Zuckerman did that...and he looked exhausted.) I've also seen
open invitations to meet the musician backstage.  But if that's not the
case...is it tacky to do go backstage? I've seen people do it but the last
thing I want to be is a stage mother.  My daughter plays the violin very
well and I am very concerned about being pushy.  It's a tough balancing
act.

I sure would like some advice.

Thanks,
Christine Rooney