From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 07:38:20 +0200
Thanh-Tam Le [[log in to unmask]] provides us with a post on Baltic
music:

>One Latvian conductor is quite famous: Mariss Jansons, the son of another
>great conductor, Arvids Jansons.  Unfortunately, whereas Neeme Jarvi has
>done so much for Tubin, I do not think that M.Jansons ever conducted a
>Kenins symphony.

I want to thank Mister Le for his very interesting post about Baltic Music,
which I didn't know much about, and take the opportunity, while Mariss
Jansons now for once is mentioned, to ask the list what they think about
his Sjostakovitj.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

James Zehm