From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:25:01 -0700
Here's a challenge for the more knowledgeable of our list colleagues!

A 'femme fatale' of my acquaintance, listening to me rabbit on incessantly
about the glorious music to be found among composers nobody ever talks
about, has taken me at more than my word and stumped me completely by
buying a disc of music (I know not what as yet -- can't put in an
appearance till I know more!) by two composers of whom I know nothing --
except their origin.

The gentlemen in question are Wladyslaw Zelenski and Zygmunt Noskowski, the
last of whom I understand is considered to be the pre-eminent composer of
Polish Romantic symphonic music.

Now -- I have the Grove entries for the two of them, but I would REALLY
like somebody to give me additional information (preferably anecdotal
or biographical) with which I can stun the young lady into silence.
Otherwise, it will be the sound of female laughter at my expense -- and
I shall sulk for days!

Tim Mahon
Alexandria, VA