From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:19:23 PDT
Eric posted a nice tribute to Volkmann.  I have the string quartet series,
serenades, and orchestral works courtesy of CPO.  I've played the quartets
often, but I have not yet given the other works a sufficient hearing.  So
tonight is a Volkmann night.  Eric, thanks for the reminder.

Does anyone have an opinion as to the strongest area of Volkmann's output?

What surprises me about the independent labels and their advocacy of
relatively neglected composers is that the majors generally continue
to show neglect even though reviews are often favorable.

Don Satz