From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 08:47:41 PDT
I recently acquired the new CPO disc of Koechlin chamber works for oboe and
am greatly enjoying it.  As with another recent acquisition, Finzi clarinet
works on Naxos, the Koechlin disc is delightful and very comforting.  Not
having heard any of the pieces before, I can't give a comparative view of
the performances, but they certainly sound excellent to me.

I should set up one or two storage drawers exclusively to house
"comforting" music.  Then, I'd know where to go when I need to unwind.

Don Satz