From:
Billy Kitson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:17:00 +1000
I seem to recall that VW was "revered plus" in his later years in England
= Must have pleased a Few "customers"??  I seem to recall sitting on a Hard
Chair in the High School "Music Room" while Army Captain Joe (?) insisted
on Total NON Breathing while VW SPOKE  "LIVE" over the Radio introducing a
Piece!!.

Isn't ALL this "MUSICAL APPRECIATION" a TOTALLY INDIVIDUAL "Thing" = I know
that occasionally I "Amaze" myself??? I also know that NOBODY ELSE KNOWS
WHY I "Like" certain kinds of Music?? I do NOT know why??  So nobody else
has a Hope of Knowing??

Bob Kasenchak wrote:

>Always keep in mind that every record executive knows (God I hope) that
>you can squeeze almost 82 minutes of music on to an audio CD.  At least
>that's the very longest one I've ever encountered (and I check; every day).
>Therefore a 2CD set 20 mm/60mm is a bloody disgrace and clearly gouging the
>consumer.  But who's suprised?

You got in First=  Bob!!  I was going to say "How Odd" a recently received
"Sampler" 2 CD set contained a 78.30 + a 78.03 minutes CD, Yet DGG
"squeeze" ONLY 33 Minutes onto theirs -I find DGG "do NOT suffer from
Customer Service" Either!! See the comments about Sony!! It was called
"Ecomonic Rationalism" out here??.

Bill(Y).