From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:51:25 -0500
Donald Satz wrote:

>I just received Rene Jacob's new recording on Harmonia Mundi on Mozart's
>"Cosi Fan Tutti." I have not had the opportunity to listen to much of it
>yet, but I did want to comment on the size of the package.
>
>It is significantly taller than the standard cd package.  This was a
>problem for me, since my cd storage shelves and drawers were specifically
>built to accomodate the standard height. ...

My copy arrived yesterday and, having read your note, I rushed home with it
to see if I was going to have a shelving crisis.  Fortunately, when I built
my shelves, I allowed an extra 7mm of height, mainly to make it easier to
retract CDs.  So far, I've only received one set (last summer's reissue of
the Karajan Ring) that doesn't fit.  The new Cosi just squeaks in.

I do agree with you, however, that this kind of packaging is inconsiderate.
I hope the performance makes up for it.  I've not had a chance to listen
either.

Richard, who invites you to visit his music, outdoors and other WWW sites
at: http://infoweb.magi.com/~richard/