From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:59:25 -0500
Jon Johanning wrote:

>And in further defense [of NPR], how much time did your local TV news
>programs devote to Menuhin's death?
>
>If only Monica L. were an amateur violinist who loved to play chamber music
>-- how much exposure CM would have gotten in the media!

I won't defend NPR on this because I expected more.  With TV news, I don't
expect anything.

A response from the network to my email showed that the Menuhin segment
was under three minutes, the Oscar film scores segment was over 15 minutes!
As a measure of relative importance of the items, this sucks.

As for Monica, I'm sure any violin playing on her part would give new
dimensions to "aural" experiences.  As my wife would say, "don't go there."
I won't.

Eric