Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:51:17 -0600
From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Jon Johanning wrote:

>Seriously, though, the neglect of Pettersson on these shores is pathetic.

How about the neglect of American Music in the U.S.? While I am seeing some
improvement, the neglect of American Music by US orchestras is sad.  When
it is done it is often segregated from the usual concert series.  I was
reminded of this when I saw the listings for the 99-00 season of the New
York Phil.  They are marking the Copland centennial with six all Copland
concerts.  Why not a Copland work on every concert of the season.  Then
there is a concert "Messages for the Millennium." Well I guess that's show
biz...

Karl