From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:33:37 -0600
Leighton Wrote:

>...  My issue is in hiring only females to play in the orchestra, and in
>accepting new works only from female composers.  I'll be the first to hold
>open a lady's door or carry in the groceries, but, if they don't want to
>be the victims of unfair discrimination, neither should they be the
>beneficiaries of it.

I completely agree with you.  And i really can't understand why women
(specially in a country like USA,)can speak about women discrimination?.
Anyway if it exist,is in very small degree,and not in every state or city
of USA.And (again) if is true,is the solution discriminate men??????.

It's true, FEMALES  have the right to do everything they want, but FEMALES.
I really love females.  But about playing music,I really prefer to play
MUSIC with MALE or FEMALE performers.

Best wishes.
Gerardo:.