From:
Steven Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:06:20 +0100
Luis M Afonso Wrote:

>Anyone care to give some recommendations? Should I go with Kovacevich?
>And after Op. 111, where should I go next within Beethoven Piano Sonatas?

I'm not very good at recommending things, but I have a box set of
Beethoven's complete Piano Sonatas, by 'Nimbus Records' and the performer
is Bernard Roberts.  The CDs were on special offer when I got them but I
don't know what the real price was.  In my opinion it is a very good
recording but they are the only ones I've heard.  The only thing I find
difficult is on the back of the box it doesn't tell you the sonata no.
just the opus no. and the key (and for some of them, what they are better
known as, eg.  Appassionata, Moonlight, Tempest,Pathetique etc.)

"Steven Rogers" <[log in to unmask]>