From:
Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:23:26 +1000
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>

> Actually I think he's a pretty damned fine conductor - but nobody seems
> to want to record him.  Yet Ozawa......

Could have something to do with his decision to record Haydn (& similar
hardcore classical) with the VPO in the early/mid 90s.  Despite the
conductor's many (& they are many) virtues, this music wasn't even close
to his zone; & adding the professors to the mix pretty much guaranteed
high cost/low box office.  CMusicians are like everyone else:  they're
only really as good as their last hit....

All the best,

Robert Clements <[log in to unmask]>
<http://www.ausnet.net.au/~clemensr/welcome.htm>