From:
Jane Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 05:09:27 -0500
Billy Kitson wrote:

>"With Bells on H..  fingers and Bells on H..  toes, He/She shall have Music
>wherever He/She goes" Part of a Very Old English Song or Nursery Rhyme??

I have not heard that song is many years.  My parents had old RCA
recordings of songs circa 1910-1916 and that was one of them.  The refrain
I remember referred to "my little Irish Rose" rather than attribute it to
England.  Maybe it was "borrowed" by the Irish.  It is a part of the fun
music incorporated into my young years.  I think it was the family singing
sessions that brought out the Welsh love of song and developed the voices
early in childhood.

I have recently listened to the young fifteen year old opera star they call
Opera Spice (to help popularize her recordings and performances).  She does
seem to have a very cultured voice, and perhaps that will turn some on to
classical music as well as the new fad of listening to opera.

Jane Pierce