From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:35:34 -0000
Ed Potter writes:

>My recommendations for Symphony No. 5 - I bought the whole set of
>Harnoncourt/European Chamber Orchestra symphonies a few years back and I
>must say, I cannot fault them.  He and the orchestra handle all the works
>exceptionally well. ...

I second the Harnoncourt recommendation-with the exception of No 9 and
possibly No 3.  I bought No 9 with Jochum/Concertgebouw (and some unknown
soloist (to me, that is).  Very good recording-from the 60s or early 70s,
if I remember correctly...

I must add that I'm still struggling with the Eroica-probably looking for
the perfect intrepretation or simply just for the right moment in time..

Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>