From:
Ed Potter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:57:57 -0000
My recommendations for Symphony No.  5 - I bought the whole set of
Harnoncourt/European Chamber Orchestra symphonies a few years back and I
must say, I cannot fault them.  He and the orchestra handle all the works
exceptionally well.  However, having played the 5th recently, I decided to
find a new recording with which to compare my Harnoncourt versions, and I
chose the Carlos Kleiber/Vienna Philharmonic version(coupled with the 7th
Symphony) and this, again, is of a very high standard.  Hope this helps.

Ed Potter:)
Creative & Strategic Director, Roydburn Internet
http://www.roydburn.com