From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:31:38 -0000
I've now heard two live performances of VWs music in twelve days in
Bristol, UK (The Sea Symphony and Symphony No 5!  In both cases amateurs
were involved, but still the performances were very good.  And then I'm not
speaking about intonation, but they managed to (re-)produce art.  See there
what a good conductor and enthusiasm can do!  By the way, has anybody heard
about Susan Chilcott and Stephen Foulkes, the two (professional) soloists
in the Sea Symphony? Very impressive from all points of view!  I must say
that I'm finally convinced that the Sea Symphony is a great piece of music!

Mikael Rasmusson