From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:00:06 -0500
Aaron Rabushka wrote:

>I had thought that it was "A Keckszakallu Herceg Vara," yet when I
>mentioned this to some people from Budapest they said "That's not
>Hungarian."

Could it have been the way you pronounced it?--because the spelling is
all right, except for the missing accents.  The phrase is not easy to
pronounce.  If an anglo tried it the following way, he might just manage to
make him/herself understood: A = awe; Keckszakallu = cake + soccer +'alloo
(mute the rrr in soccer,though); Herceg = Herzeg (think of the German or
Jewish name, and instead of Herzog make it Herzeg); Vara = (Lochin)_var_ +
awe.  Now drop all those plus marks and run the word elements together.

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]