From:
Hitoshi Asaoka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:20:22 +0900
Other rumors...Debussy's "Fantaisie" for piano & orchestra, and Franck's
"Variations symphoniques" with Dutoit on EMI; still no solo piano works...

I wish Perlman's performance of Franck is not so scratchy as Ricci's.

Actually I was wondering if there is any incentive for Dumay, Pires &
Wang Trio to perform in Minneapolis where I have been staying.  Because
their Brahms' trio on DG does not seem to be released in the U.S.!  It's
really sad and even frustrating.  How can Julliard's, Curtis' or Indiana's
instrumental music students cultivate their musical intellect? Of course,
they have to establish their own music, though.

I wish I would be an opera fan, as only new operatic recordings got
released in the U.S.

I am sorry if it sounds offensive for anyone, as my English tends to be
rather direct.

Hitoshi Asaoka ([log in to unmask])