From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:03:08 -0600
Karl Miller asks:

>what would you like to see out on disc that is not currently available?

This might be a long list if I worked at it, but for now:

William Schuman's Concerto for Viola and Women's Chorus on English Rounds
(I would hope this will appear on Sony's Bernstein Century series)

Roy Harris' Piano Quintet (original version) (Considered one of his best
works, I understand, but I have never heard it.)

Henry Cowell's Concerto for Harmonica and Orchestra (Never recorded, to my
knowledge, but I heard Lukas Foss and the MSO give an exciting performance
once.)

Stirling Newberry's Cello Concerto (to satisfy my curiousity)

Jim Tobin